The Erie Lackawanna Historical Society produces the following publications on a quarterly basis.
- The Diamond - our popular 40 page historical journal printed on gloss enamel paper and features illustrated articles about the operations, facilities, equipment, and employees of the related lines. Occasionally, major articles are run on a serial basis spanning several issues.
- The Extra Board - our newsletter features information and articles about the Society and its activities, updates about the current happenings effecting the railroad lines and equipment, modeling news, a member For Sale and Wanted to Buy section, etc.
- From The Workbench - our modeling newsletter featuring modeling news and articles written by our members.
- The Limited -Online modeling and historical publication of the former ELH&TS
- The Flying Saucer - our general store catalog featuring exclusive models and books published by the ELHS offered to our members at attractive prices.
In 2007, when Norfolk Southern announced plans to abandon the ex-Erie Lackawanna Carlton Hill branch in Rutherford, NJ, Kurt Lewandowski began photographing the remaining physical evidence of the line, as well as some nearby locations along what is now designated NJ Transit's Bergen County Line. To view some of what he found, click on the "read more" icon.
We received a number of photographs for consideration for Diamond Rails Revisited #92 which we weren't able to include due to space considerations. With thanks to Todd Hollritt, Phil Jaeger and Rob Piecuch we present them here. Just click on "read more" to see them.
Train Orders is a new ELHS email newsletter. It is intended to provide information about ELHS news and events more frequently than what our quarterly mailing allows. Just click Train Orders and complete the form to opt-in.